Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally! Anti-Favre GB fans can shut their pieholes.

So the Packers got beat in OT by the Arizona Cardinals in an NFC wildcard game yesterday. I've boycotted Green Bay last season and this season, opting to follow Brett Favre to the New York Jets, then the Minnesota Vikings. Tough situation for me as I'm from Wisconsin. I could care less the Packers lost but I prefered that the Vikes and Pack not meet in the playoffs should that scenario play out.

You can go on the Internet and find out all the stats on the game. The Pack had plenty of chances that they botched. The TEAM lost - not just the defense or Driver (fumble led to TD) or Crosby (missed FG) or Rodgers (INT led to TD, fumble led to TD) etc., etc. So here's my observation:

Packer fans, particularly anti-Favre fans (after Brett was traded to the Jets) bitched in unison that it was Favre's fault the Packers lost the NFC Championship game against the Giants in 2007 because of his INT in OT. There were clearly many other instances where the Packers, as a team, failed to take charge of that game. But it was Brett's INT, which later led to a Giants' FG to win the game, that lost the game; therefore, it's all Favre's fault. Remember these are the same fans who've been bitching the last two seasons that Favre is a selfish diva. "There's no "I" in "TEAM", they say.

If there's no "I" in "TEAM", why blame just Brett Favre for the loss? Contradiction. More importantly, when Aaron Rodgers fumbled the ball in OT last night against the Arizona Cardinals during the NFC Wildcard playoff game, why are there no anti[Favre fans bashing Rodgers, saying, "Rodgers lost the game"? Everything I've heard or read points to less than 1% of Packer fans blaming Rodgers.

So why is it different for Brett? Same situation...QB makes an error that leads to the other team winning. Same thing. By anti-Favre fans' own logic, why shouldn't the loss yesterday be pinned solely on Rodgers? Hypocrites.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails