Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF! presents...Brian Wilson LIVE at Glastonbury (2005)!



Since 1970, the Glastonbury Festival in the UK is the largest greenfield music and performing arts festival in the world. Since 1970, the festival has hosted a who's who in music - this year's festival will include Bruce Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand, Blur and Neil Young. I thought this 2005 video of Brian singing "Surfin' USA" and "Fun, Fun, Fun" illustrates how popular he and The Beach Boys' music is overseas. I also wanted you to see the excellent band Brian has backing him - The Wondermints, Taylor Mills, Jeff Foskett among the musicians. Paul McCartney referred to the band as "the best touring band in the world".

I initially "met" Taylor through Facebook but then actually met her not too long ago in Manhattan Beach where her husband, Todd Sucherman (drummer for Styx) was performing. She's been working with Brian for - ohhhh...7, 8 years maybe. I just listened to her new album, Lullagoodbye, and it's good. I've met Jeff Foskett several times through the Carl Wilson Cancer Foundation.

Anyway, I'm in Seattle right now checking out the Seattle Erotic Art Festival and my play, "Pass the Salt, Please." which is performing in The Little Red Studio's Erotic Short Festival. Ta-Ta & enjoy the tuneage!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails