Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation: Part 16 - This Old House in Cedar Rapids.

I lived in this house for two years while in Cedar Rapids - just after I started doing theater. The pre-fab apartment complex I had originally moved into when I first moved to Iowa was not cutting it - I needed a place with character so I could entertain theater-folk (even the ones whose character has been called into question from time to time). I lived in the upper left corner unit (as you're facing the front door). The house was a mansion converted into a 3-unit living space, with the owners living on the bottom two floor units. The front door entry opened into a beautifully carpeted foyer with plush chairs and magazines and books, then you took the stairs up to my place. I had a small but quaint foyer with a medium-sized bedroom, HUGE kitchen, HUGE bathroom with the highest ceilings I've ever seen in a bathroom (ask Jim Keller about that) and a large living room and dining room with a bay window view. Great living space - for $430 a month (no garage). Plus it was on the far east side of town away from downtown and closer to the ritzy part of Cedar Rapids.

While visiting CR on my trip home I heard the owners have converted the house back into a one-family unit and are selling it for around $240-$270,000. A bit over-priced for that part of town, I'm told. I hope they don't sell it. They turned out to be assholes. Never had a problem with them (and vice versa) until I moved out. They called the cops and said I "stole" some of the their belongings that were stored in a locked room in the basement. After being questioned by the police down at headquarters, the dumbshit owners called the cops and informed them they found the "stolen merchandise" - they had moved it from the locked storeroom to their other home and had forgotten about it.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails