Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vacation: Part 10 - Favre

As I hadn't seen any family or friends back home since Brett called it quits in March, you can imagine I was chomping at the bit to commiserate with fellow Wisconsin Packer fans. I won't tell you everyone was walking around with their heads buried in their hands but the mood was a tad different than in past years while I was home during my fishing trip.

I found this picture - one I hadn't seen - signed and framed in a bar in Lake Tomahawk. The plaque underneath it reads:

Favre/Leadership-Loyalty-Commitment

"I never stepped out on a field or walked off a field where I didn't feel like I did everything I could possibly do to win. I feel like I owe it to my coaches, teammates, and fans to show up every Sunday. No matter what happens, I want everyone around me to know that we still have a chance. It's important my teammates know that I might get knocked down, but I am getting right back up. I don't want to let them down because I know how much it means to them and I feel like they know how much it means to me."

I won't bore you with our Favre/Packer discussions - instead I'll share this chili recipe I found in the Wisconsin State Journal newspaper:

Brett and Deanna Favre's Family Chili
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbs butter
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
Tony Chachere's seasoning, or Cajun seasoning to taste
chili powder to taste
1 package (1.25 ounces) McCormick chili seasoning
1 can (8 ounces) Hunt's diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) Hunt's diced roasted garlic tomatoes
1 can (10 ounces) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can (8 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed
Saute both kinds of onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic in butter. In another pan, brown ground beef with salt and pepper, Cajun seasoning and chili powder. Drain. Combine meat with vegetables. Stir and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in seasoning packet. Add canned tomatoes, mushroom soup and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails