Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Packers Buck Rams - Favre Eclipses Last Marino Record

Favre deliver the record slant pass to Donald Driver, his favorite receiver.

Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre set another record Sunday as he surpassed Hall of Famer Dan Marino for the NFL's all-time record for most career passing yards. Brett needed only 184 yards to break Marino's mark of 61,361.

"I say it every time this happens: I'm honored, but I would much rather win," said Favre. "The fact that I've played in every game (since my first start) to me is probably my biggest feat. None of these individual records would have happened if it wasn't for the fact that I'd played in every game."

"To pass a guy like Dan Marino, regardless of what record it is... I've said this all along and I will continue to say this: I've never considered myself in the same league as Dan Marino, maybe the greatest passer ever. The way he did it is probably the way you would coach another guy to do it. The way I've done it, I don't know if you would coach guys to do it that way. To be mentioned in the same breath as him is quite an honor."

Brett giving up the record-setting ball to his sideline staff.

Favre directing traffic.

It took the Green Bay Packers to sell out a St. Louis Rams game.

Much of the capacity crowd at the Edward Jones Dome on Sunday clearly rooted for the visiting team. Cheeseheads were everywhere and perhaps half of the stadium was clad in Packers' green and yellow, helping the visitors feel right at home in a 33-14 victory.

"It's a joke," running back Steven Jackson said. "The whole first level is Green Bay Packers' fans. It's a joke. We were at Lambeau Field."

"We know how loyal the Green Bay fans are and I'm sure on Thursday there are going to be a ton of Pittsburgh fans," quarterback Marc Bulger said. "You know, this year we just haven't been playing well at home."

"You're a little surprised to see more people in your house for the opposing team than for your team but you know it doesn't make you real happy or real excited," linebacker Will Witherspoon said. "But you've just got to say, 'Hey, I'm in a game.' It just makes it a road game for us."

"Our fans are the best in the world," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "It gives our players a great lift...To see the defensive line raising their arms in the air on a big third down, it speaks volumes about the kind of fans we have."
The situation left some Rams players muttering.

"I mean, you kind of get to the point where some teams are going to travel well," Witherspoon said. "You just have to say they brought more people to the house than we did."
Next Week: Green Bay Packers (12-2) at Chicago Bears (5-8)

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails