Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wanna catch a football thrown by Brett Favre?

At a recent Brett Favre press conference in Green Bay (Wednesday, 10/23), the question came up regarding Brett's four long passes that "were short" during the Packer win over the Redskins:

Q: "So what was the reason why you had those underthrows?"

A: "I'll say this on several of those balls, I thought when I threw the ball, I can honestly say that in my career it hasn't happened many times, but several of those balls, and I told Mike (McCarthy) and Tom (Clements) about it, I thought it was actually going to be overthrown and it ended up 10 yards shorter than where I had intended. Why? I have no idea. I know I can throw further than that and I know I can throw harder. But for whatever reason that day, it was, I don't want to say a misjudgment or a miscalculation on my part, I just threw it, thought, 'Boy I hope this is not overthrown.' And did I misjudge Sean Taylor's range? Eh, I still think had the ball ended up where I wanted it to, or where I thought it was going, I think we're OK. But, that's not happened to me very often. Don't write some story that, 'He's at the end of his rope now. He can't throw it.' That's probably what you're getting at - 'Favre's done.' I know where you're going...I understand.

Q: "Well, some people might suggest you don't have the same arm..."

A: "In that game? OK."

Q: "Overall?"

A: "It's a matter of opinion. But I challenge you to come out and catch a couple for me afterwards. You make that decision."

Then after walking off the podium, just before he got to the door, Favre said: "It's just one game." And don't think Favre was pissed off - maybe a bit testy - because I watched the video and he was smiling and poking fun throughout the interview. Coach Mike McCarthy was quick to affirm that Favre can still make all the throws. "Absolutely," McCarthy said. "He had a big-time throw just (Monday) in practice, a 55-, 60-yard throw. He has plenty of arm strength left."

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails