Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Jill Gibson's "Rooted Woman".

Found this waiting for me when I arrived home from North Carolina. Artist Jill Gibson's sculpture, "Rooted Woman". My first nude.

Jill and I go way back. Not really - but sort of. We've emailed back and forth a few times over the years (and now we're FB friends!). Jill and Jan Berry (of Jan & Dean fame) dated for a number of years back in the early 1960's. She had a brief stint with The Mama's and the Papa's (when Michelle Phillips got kicked out of the band - and I did meet Michelle once), was an official photographer for the Monterey Pop Festival, wrote some pop songs, sang some more and has become an accomplished artist in her own right. I think she's groovy. Always have. And now I own one of her art pieces.

Couple things on Jill - her website, Gibson Arts; Jill's bio as it's concerned with the Monterey Pop Festival plus another link to her photographs from the festival; Jill singing Jan Berry's tune, "It's As Easy As 1, 2, 3"; Jill's Wikipedia bio and finally, Jill singing a hit song she co-wrote with Jan Berry and Roger Christian, "You Really Know How To Hurt A Guy", which charted out at #27 for Jan & Dean in 1965.

Most of you (unless you're a Beach Boys or Jan & Dean fan) have probably never heard of Jill Gibson. Now you do. Check out her artistry - if I had a bottomless checking account I'd certainly buy more of her work.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails