Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Mel's on the Edge of Darkness. Wasn't he always?

Mel Gibson's my favorite actor. You wouldn't know it if you searched my blog (it's not like you'll find 300+ posts like you do with Brett Favre). MG's public relations miscues in recent years...he's sort of a sacred cow to me and I just let him be. I think that's what MG would want.

However, MG's got a new flick out, "Edge of Darkness", that I saw last week and thoroughly enjoyed. And he's got this interview in the February issue of Men's Journal.

You know, you can rip on Mel for divorcing his wife after almost 30 years of marriage, fathering a child with his new Russian girlfriend, yelling racial epithets to Malibu cops and his otherwise questionable bad-boy behavior throughout his career, but you can't question his charity work. Now I know for a fact Mel helps out numerous charities (some anonymously), including Mending Kids International, a charity he and his ex-wife founded that helps pay medical expenses for underprivledged children.

And I'd be hardpressed for anyone to question his talents as a director. He's a helluv an actor (I truly think he's one of the most underrated actors around). But the four movies he's directed - "The Man Without A Face", "Braveheart", "The Passion of the Christ" and "Apocalypto" - prove he's passionate about the stories he tells and it comes through on the movie screen.

He ain't perfect. Neither are we.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails