Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dear Mom & Dad...

...Jason and I want our own baby sister.

At least that's what my dreams tell me. My best friends in CA - Donovan and Maria - had their first baby, Grac "ie", at the end of June (see July 1 post) and I've had two dreams about having a baby sister. Either two dreams in one night or over two successive nights. Whatever - the dream woke me up this morning, which is why I'm at the computer (that or I'm nervous about the Packers at Minnesota today).

So - here's a snap of Gracie, with Maria. Isn't she cute? (Maria, too.) Now, maybe the reason I've been dreaming about a baby sister is because I've been spending a lot of time at Donovan and Maria's house on Sundays - they have the NFL Ticket and I've been watching the Packer games there. And I don't wanna break tradition for fear of breaking the Green Bay's 3-0 winning streak - even though one of the games was on national TV here in CA. Anyway, I've been playing with Gracie and holding her and walking her to sleep (carrying her in this sling backpack thingy which I'm guessing has a very "fetal" feeling for Gracie). I love playing with her, making all those stupid baby sounds adults make while trying to get her to laugh and smile (which I do, thank you). And I love to smell her baby head - that should be bottled and sold as an accord. The smell of her head - not the baby.

How this figures in my dream I'm not sure. All I know is I've dreamt holding "our sister" and showing her off to my parents and Jason. I'm sure Jim and Dee are more than thrilled this wish can never come true as they are beyond ye olde child-bearing years. But now I'm sad. What would her name be, Jason? Jennifer? That was one name my mother chose had one of us been a girl. Thank God for dreams...and for Gracie McCann-Glover.

I will love her like my own "sister". Now go get Jas & I a beer, Jennifer - the Packer game starts in five minutes. Babys. Cute but SO slow.









(Zzzzzzzzz. Sh-h. Donovan - asleep during his Denver Bronco game. Poor D. ( I'm referring to Donovan.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Jeff,

I'm very glad to have you as a kindof big brother and stuff. You are very funny, and you yell, and scream and clap a lot. Thank you for holding me and making me laugh. Thank you for putting me on your blog, too. I hope I help you pick up chicks.

Love, Gracie

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails