Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Friday, August 29, 2014

50.

 
Me - at one.
 
I turn 50 today. 2:34 p.m. to be precise. Where the time has gone I do not know. Two poems which I am familiar with were brought to my attention this past week. How appropriate - my favorite poet and the week of my birthday. One was written on a birthday card from my friend, Renee:
 
"Memories" by Walt Whitman

How sweet the silent backward tracings!
The wanderings as in dreams—the meditation of old times re-
sumed—their loves, joys, persons, voyages.
 
The other is an excerpt from Whitman's "Song of Myself":
 
“Not I, nor anyone else can travel that road for you.
You must travel it by yourself.
It is not far. It is within reach.
Perhaps you have been on it since you were born, and did not know.
Perhaps it is everywhere - on water and land.”
 
I will not dwell on the things that could have been but smile at what has been a happy, largely fulfilling life thus far. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

 
Me at 6.

 
Me at 17.

 
Me - early 20's.


Me - early 30's.
 

 
Me - late 30's, early 40's

 
A few weeks before - you know...50, ok?!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails