Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cockblocked by The Beastie Boys.


I was never a fan. I liked maybe two songs but never owned an album or CD. You see, I'm not a hip hop/rap dude, you know? Frontmen and kindergarten pals (pictured above from left to right) Mike D., Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock) and Adam Yauch (MCA), along with DJ Michael Schwartz (Mix Master Mike) helped to pioneer hip hop/rap back in the day (especially when "the day" didn't include white, Jewish boys from NYC) with their devil-may-care, I-don't-give-a-fuck, irreverent image (and lyrics).

3 Grammys. 8 albums. "The biggest selling rap group" since 1991 (according to Billboard). And inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this past December.

And then Adam Yauch got a cancer and passed away yesterday. He was 47. That's how old I am.

I've been listening to a lot of Beastie Boys music in the last day. I've watched a lot of interviews. These guys were hilarious and I never knew this. These guys are my age and for some reason I chose to ignore them all these years. It's not like I'm gonna run out now and buy all 8 Beastie Boys CDs. But I do have a new-found appreciation for them and their music.

Always when it's too late...

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails