Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Hey, Mom! I'm judging a beauty pageant!



FB users click here for video. Yesterday (Saturday). Springfield, IL. First experience. Got paid + 2 free meals + hotel. Ha, ha, ha. Laugh it up. Toured the Lincoln museum (which was excellent) AND "bumped" into the head of the Illinois Film Office - so I made a nice contact. The contestants ranged from babies (ugh) up to the 17-28 age group. Slim pickin's in the later group, though there was a beauty that I'm sure will take that crown (they were announcing the winners today but I had to get back to Milwaukee to tech the play I'm in - FOOL FOR LOVE at The Alchemist Theatre in Bayview, June 3-18...click here for details, then click "tickets" within that link on top left corner).

Like many people, I have an issue with babies and kids under - I don't know....10-years-old - and the whole pageant scene. Some of these little girls are dolled up wayyy beyond what I think is appropriate (JonBenet Ramsey-esque) and I did see an occasion where one mother jerked her daughter off the stage (the daughter wasn't finding her Cecil B. DeMille moment) and the mother was heard to say, "You just threw away your crown!". 5, 6, 7-year-old kid. Nuts.

I'd do it again. It's a paying gig. And did some networking. How different is contesting in a beauty pageant than acting on stage?

1 comment:

Just Jen said...

Pageants and performing DO go hand in hand....it's how I became in volved; marrying my passion for my platform and my love for the performance arts. Confidence and ability to communicate your essence through your facial expressions and posture...there is an art to it. You did a great job as a judge, Jeff, and I won't hesitate to call you again in the future...thanks so much for your time, talent and kindness!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails