Passion = Truth? How Jeffrey James Francis Ircink Sees The World? I love when people are passionate about something. That surging of emotion is the one honest measure of what truth is. It's a truthful display of how a person really feels about something or someone at that particular moment. That passion IS truth.



About me...

My photo
Greendale, Wisconsin, United States
Ex-producer of THE REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, playwright, actor, singer, outdoorsman, blogger, amateur photog, observer & bitcher, Beach Boys groupie, Brett Favre fanatic, lover of everything Celtic and forever a member in the Tribe of HAIR. Spent most of my life in the Village of Waterford, a small town just outside of the Milwaukee suburbs. After 12 years in North Hollywood, Bel Air and Culver City, Cali, I moved back to Wisconsin in September 2009. No regrets - of moving to LA OR moving back to WI. Have traveled to Belfast, Ireland, Dayton (OH), Manhattan, Seattle, Cedar Rapids, New York, Miami and Sydney, Australia with my plays. Moved back into the Village of Greendale where I was born. Life is good.

Celtic!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation.

Weed whacked at a cemetery. No shit. My 2nd cousin Mary Beth's (Dad's first cousin) hubby, Bernie, owns WENTA Monuments (they make headstones) and two cemeteries: Good Hope and Pilgrim's Rest. Bernie, Mary Beth and I were having a few beers in Greendale for the 4th of July and Bernie asked what I was doing this summer (I go back to teaching in the Fall).

That next Tuesday I found myself at Good Hope cemetery whacking weeds around tombstones. And helping bury bodies (Bernie didn't tell me I'd be helping out with that task until after he hired me).

My arm is sore. I'm generally soaked through the bone with sweat. I'm exhausted. I've sprained my ankle and my arm. But truth be told, I enjoy it. It's peaceful. The cemetery's are beautiful. No one talks back to you ('cause everyone's dead, get it?). I'm getting into better shape. I'm getting sun. I get to see Bernie's kids - Chuck and Mike - more often. The guys I work with are great and Bernie's an excellent boss. And I look forward to going to work.

Whodathunk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=) i concur. cemeteries have always been one of my favorite haunts.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails